Crunchy, spicy, and full of Louisiana shrimp.
Need an awesomely easy appetizer idea? Try this super cheesy sweet potato shrimp coin recipe.
We made the recipe according to their directions, but instead of the Greek yogurt topping, we used our own Spicy Dianne Dip.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium sweet potato (choose a long, tubular one), sliced into 1/4-inch “coins”
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 pound medium shrimp, deveined with tails and shells removed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Watch the video for the directions and coin it up!
Breaux Mart is New Orleans’ neighborhood grocery store, locally owned and operated for more than 40 years. With five locations in Metairie, River Ridge, Chalmette, Gretna, and the Garden District in New Orleans, Breaux Mart is a small business dedicated to focused on providing shoppers with outstanding customer service and quality groceries at competitive prices.